For volunteers working directly with young people, we require the following documentation:
Volunteers are also required to attend a volunteer orientation.
Our youth need your help! Your time and commitment can make a big difference in our programs.
For example, Drop-in Center Volunteers:
- Assist in preparing meals and snacks
- Help staff clean-up kitchen after meal times
- Assist young people with laundry
- Help young people in the CyberCenter
- Present positive role models
We also need volunteers in the Donation Center, where duties include:
- Sorting and organizing donations of clothing
- Sorting and organizing donations of non perishable food
- Packing outreach and hygiene supply kits
- Organizing and storing household items
We also need volunteers to:
- Work with staff to represent the Center at external special events
- Help with mailings
- Assist staff with office work, filing etc.
- Assist with Center’s own special events
What do we expect from Volunteers?
- Accepting young adults as they are and where they are
- Committing to the youth and not “dropping out” after a short time
- Valuing a team working toward a common goal
- Being an appropriate role model for young adults
- Being available with notice
- Demonstrating maturity
- Responsibility and caring
If you are interested in volunteering please contact the Center for information, 313.252.1950 or print, complete and mail or email the volunteer application.