Fall and Winter Needs:
There is a chill in the air and the leaves are beginning to change, and Winter will be here before you know it. To help our youth through the Winter donations of the following items are of the highest priority:
- Hand and feet warmers
- New or gently used jackets and coats - sizes small through extra large
- Heavy socks
- Winter boots
- Sidewalk salt
- Other winter clothing items including pants, sweaters, and long sleeve shirts
Please donate these items soon to ensure the youth at Ruth Ellis have a safe and warm winter.
Basic Constant Needs:
- MDOT regional bus passes or round trip tickets
- Non perishable food items
- New socks for men & women
- New undergarments for men & women
- Sanitary female hygiene products
- Men’s deodorant
- Home Depot gift cards
- Cleaning supplies (dish detergent, laundry soap, bleach and fabric softener)
- Paper products (napkins, c-folds, paper towels, toilet tissue)
- Paper plates and bowls (large and small)
- Trash bags (30 gallon, and standard kitchen size)
Unfortunately we can NOT currently accept the following items: housewares, sheets and bedding, and towels.
Your gift is always welcome
Please print our gift form and mail it to the Center to give by check or credit card.
If you wish to give appreciated stock or other gifts, please call the Center.
Please call 313.252.1950 during office hours, 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday, so staff can be ready to accept your donation over the phone.
Ruth Ellis Center
77 Victor Street
Highland Park, MI 48203